The Sri Lankan team has given a game to remember this time. Amidst the country’s economic crisis, this win was vital. It boosted morale a lot—best wishes to them. Sri Lanka’s snappy comeback, impeccable fighting, excellent bowling, and perfect fielding of Pakistan flew to them like a gust of wind. Sri Lanka’s brief recovery after batting defeat, incredible action, excellent bowling, and flawless fielding! Pakistan was all out. It just flew to them like a gust of wind. Only Sri Lankan captain to win a series against the top four teams in different formats! Congratulations! Sri Lanka t20 Asia Cup 2022 win. Super excited about Sri Lanka.
Those who regularly watch the cricketing world know Sri Lanka is no longer a fading sleeping monster like Pakistan! With many new youngsters, Lanka has improved dramatically, and captain Shanaka has instilled confidence in the team. Considering what their nation is going through, such victories and changes are a breath of fresh air!
But Pakistan plays very well in the T20 format, and they have a solid team. But we started the game with them without fear, and at one stage, we won. This is our big request.
First, I worked on the England setup and brought all the Nathan Lemmon analytical algorithm coding with him. I have repeatedly said that to break Dubai’s toss win-match winning streak. It would be best if you had a solid strategy. And Sri Lanka was tactically brilliant throughout the tournament.
Being bowled out for 105, losing the first match against Afghanistan, and then beating India, Afghanistan, and Pakistan to reach the final was a fairytale run! Then to come in the last and go from 58/5 to 170. Rajapakse was at his best but to come under that pressure was incredible!
Watch in the final, Pakistan’s backload kryptonite spin. Clear. So they saved five overs of Hasranga and Theksana in the fast ten, and De Silva slipped brilliantly against a favorable matchup Nawaz in a timely over. That is the T20 strategy. De Silva and Madhusan were given game time in the last de rubber game. Another masterstroke and, indeed, remarkable fielding!
Pakistan and Sri Lanka 2 teams are in an excellent format. No one is behind anyone. Here is the list of players playing in this final match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Every player is performing well. But Sri Lankan team players maximum young. But they won this Asia Cup today under the leadership of their fantastic experience and team captain.
Name of 11 players of Pakistan:
Mohammad Rizwan(w), Babar Azam(c), Fakhar Zaman, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Asif Ali, Haris Rauf, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Hasnain.
Name of 11 players of Sri Lanka:
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis(w), Danushka Gunathilaka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dasun Shanaka(c), Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne, Pramod Madushan, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka.
Babar Azam won the toss, and Pakistan team captain Babar Azam decided to bowl. Because he thinks that if they play with a target, they will have a better chance of winning the match. Babar Azam is ready to take the batting because their bowling side is powerful. Ho ho, Sri Lanka will finally bat first. Dasun Shanaka said, “We are happy to bat first as it is the final.” Here are some statistics to make this contest more interesting. In the last 30 T20 Match, the team has won 26 by chasing. In T20Is after World Cup 2021, Sri Lanka lost all seven matches batting first. Sri Lanka and Pakistan have faced each other in three finals – the former winning in 1986 and 2014, with Pakistan winning in 2000.
Sri Lanka Team Batting Scorecard Data of Final Asia Cup T20:
1. Pathum Nissanka- 08(11) – SR (72.73)
2. Kusal Mendis(wk)- 00(01) – SR (0.00)
3. Danushka Gunathilaka- 01(04)- SR (25.00)
4. Dhananjaya de Silva- 28(21)- SR (133.33)
5. Bhanuka Rajapaksa- 71(45)- SR (157.78)- Not Out
6. Dasun Shanaka(c)- 02(03)– SR (66.67)
7. Wanindu Hasaranga- 36(21)- SR(171.46)
8. Chamika Karunaratne- 14(14)- SR(100.00)- Not Out
Extras Run:10 (b 1, lb 7, w 2, nb 0, p 0)
Total Run: 170 (6 wickets, 20 Over)
Did not Bat: Pramod Madushan, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka.
This match was not easy. Pakistan’s bowling line was good, and they were bowling well. When Wanindu came, we made a plan. We tried to be positive through it all. When Iftikhar bowled, Wanindu told me that he would attack Iftikhar. But fortunately, we both suffered a lot. With the Pakistanis on top, I had to change my game a lot because we wanted to spend some time at the crease to build an extensive partnership, which helped to get 170. When Chris Silverwood came to talk to us after the 10th was over, I told him that I think 140 is a good score. But we will be at the end, and the goal was very different. Hitting a six off the last ball and the last over helped us build momentum, and it was a bit of a series game.
Pakistan Team Bowler Scorecard Data of Final T20:
1. Naseem Shah: 4 over- 40 Run- 1 Wicket- 10.10 ECO
2. Mohammad Hasnain: 4 over- 41 Run- 0 Wicket- 10.20 ECO
3. Haris Rauf: 4 over- 29 Run- 3 Wicket- 7.20 ECO
4. Shadab Khan: 4 over- 28 Run- 1 Wicket- 7.00 ECO
5. Iftikhar Ahmed: 3 over- 21 Run- 1 Wicket- 7.20 ECO
6. Mohammad Nawaz: 1 over- 03 Run- 0 Wicket- 3.00 ECO
Sri Lanka played like true champions; they deserved the win. They put us under pressure at crucial moments and won the match after losing the toss. We made a mistake not batting, and Sri Lanka took their chances very well. Maybe we lost today’s game because of some lousy fielding. They took the momentum away from us at the end. But I tried my best. We may not have won, but we learned much from this match.
Pakistan Team Batting Scorecard Data of Final Asia Cup T20:
1. Mohammad Rizwan(w)- 55(49)- SR (112.24)
2. Babar Azam(c)- 05(06)- SR (83.33)
3. Fakhar Zaman- 00(01)- SR (00.00)
4. Iftikhar Ahmed- 32(31)- SR (103.23)
5. Khushdil Shah- 02(04)- SR (50.00)
6. Mohammad Nawaz- 06(09)- SR (66.67)
7. Asif Ali- 00(01)- SR (00.00)
8. Shadab Khan- 08(06)- SR (133.33)
9. Haris Rauf- 13(09)- SR (144.44)
10. Naseem Shah- 02(04)- SR (200.00)
11. Mohammad Hasnain- 08(04)- SR (200.00)
Extra Run: 14 (b 0, lb 0, w 12, nb 2, p 0)
Total Run: 147 (10 wickets, 20 Over)
The Sri Lankan team has always performed well since before. Their young teammates played well; they played like a champion team. If Babar Azam Bhai could have a good partnership with me today, maybe we could have taken the run forward. But unfortunately, due to their excellent bowling line, we lost wickets very early. However, we made many mistakes in this match. Inshallah, we will try to correct them and perform well again. We have more significant games ahead. In the meantime, we will be ready with the preparation.
Sri Lanka Won The Asia Cup in 2022 By 23 Runs
Congratulations! to Sri Lanka for a brilliant show of cricket. All the Sri Lankan players and coaches thanked the audience for supporting the Sri Lankan team immensely. After that first loss to Sri Lanka, they had a serious discussion, so they knew we had talent. It’s about applying it during game scenes. They feel that the players are humbled, so everyone has contributed, so the Sri Lankan team, as a team with the coaching staff, has been able to create such an environment.
See, the Sri Lankan team always wanted to show the whole world that there was some aggression on our site decades ago, and now they wanted to recreate those moments. As a unit, they are doing great at the moment and looking forward to working together and maintaining this momentum as a nation. The Sri Lankan team feels it all the time. It is a wonderful being. Know that all crises are coming back home. It is a tough time for Sri Lanka, and everyone is happy and hopefully brought some smiles to our team coach’s face.
The first T20 match between Bangladesh and UAE was amazing. No one played at all with no concessions. In the T20 format, UAE was far below the position of Bangladesh but their performance was very good. Bangladesh went ahead by 1-0. The sides locked horns again on Tuesday as UAE lost their first T20 match to Bangladesh. So will the United Arab Emirates be able to equalize the series? So join us to know everything and stay with us to know all the updated news.
UAE won the toss and Chundangapail Rizwan (C) decided they would take (bowling) and they wanted to play with the target. Bangladesh T20 captain Nurul Hasan (C) is very happy to see that he can bat first. He also wanted to target the UAE team with big runs, a win in today’s match would be very beneficial and given our quick batting we will all seize the opportunity.
Name of 11 players of Bangladesh: Sabbir Rahman, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Afif Hossain, Litton Das, Nurul Hasan(w/c), Mosaddek Hossain, Yasir Ali, Nasum Ahmed, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam
Name of 11 players of United Arab Emirates: Aayan Afzal Khan, Aryan Lakra, Basil Hameed, Chirag Suri, Junaid Siddique, Karthik Meiyappan, Chundangapoyil Rizwan(c), Sabir Ali, Vriitya Aravind(w), Muhammad Waseem, Zawar Farid.
Bangladesh Team Batting Scorecard Data of First T20:
1. Mehidy Hasan Miraz- 12(14) – SR (85.71)
2. Sabbir Rahman- 00(03) – SR (0.00)
3. Liton Das- 13(08)- SR (162.50)
4. Afif Hossain- 77(55) Not Out- SR (140.00)
5. Yasir Ali- 04(07)- SR (57.17)
6. Mosaddek Hossain- 03(08)- SR (37.50)
7. Nurul Hasan (w/c)- 35(25) Not Out- SR (140.00)
Extras Run: 14 (b 4, lb 2, w 8, nb 0, p 0)
Total Run: 158 (5 wkts, 20 Ov)
Did not Bat: Nasum Ahmed, Saifuddin, Mustafizur, Shoriful Islam.
Afif Hossain: I always like to bat under pressure, in the situation the team was in I wanted to bat at the end and came out of it successfully. I think there is no extra pressure on us even if we don’t have some senior players. Our aim and objective are always to play our best XI. I hope I can score more runs in the next match as well. The fans were really great, thanks to them for watching our match.
Nurul Hasan: In the powerplay, the opposite team bowled well, we lost three wickets very quickly. It was also dewing so our bowlers couldn’t catch it, we felt we were 10-15 runs behind. We lost a lot of wickets in the powerplay but our bowlers Shariful and Mirage bowled very well at the death which was beyond imagination. Afif played a really great match, rotated the strike well and it was very important for us.
UAE Team Bowler Scorecard Data of First T20:
1. Junaid Siddique: 4 over- 33 Run- 0 Wicket- 8.20 ECO
2. Sabir Ali: 3 over- 16 Run- 1 Wicket- 5.30 ECO
3. Afzal Khan: 3 over- 16 Run- 0 Wicket- 5.30 ECO
4. Zawar Farid: 4 over- 38 Run- 1 Wicket- 9.50 ECO
5. Meiyappan: 4 over- 33 Run- 2 Wicket- 8.20 ECO
6. Basil Hameed: 2 over- 16 Run- 0 Wicket- 8.00 ECO
UAE Team Batting Scorecard Data of First T20:
1. Muhammad Wassem- 15(15) – SR (100.00) – Not Out.
2. Chirag Suri – 39(24) – SR (162.50)
3. Aryan Lakra – 19(15) – SR (126.67)
4. Vriitya Aravind (wk) – 16(16) – SR (100.00)
5. Chundangapoyil Rizwan (c) – 05(06)- SR (83.33)
6. Basil Hameed – 02(04)- SR (50.00)
7. Aayan Afzal Khan – 25(17) – SR (147.06)
8. Zawar Farid – 02(04) – SR (50.00)
9. Karthik Meiyappan – 12(09) – SR (133.33)
10. Junaid Siddique – 11(09) – SR ( 122.22)
11. Sabir Ali – 00(00) – SR (00) – Not Out.
Extra Run: 5 (b 0, lb 2, w 2, nb 1, p 0)
Total Run: 151 (10 Wicket, 19.4 Over)
Bangladesh Team Bowler Scorecard Data of First T20:
1. Mohammad Saifuddin – 4 over- 40 Run- 0 Wicket- 10.00 ECO
2. Mustafizur Rahman – 4 over- 31 Run- 2 Wicket – 7.80 ECO
3. Shoriful Islam – 3.4 over- 21 Run- 3 Wicket – 5.70 ECO
4. Nasum Ahmed – 4 Over – 31 Run- 0 Wicket – 7.80 ECO
5. Mehidy Hasan Miraz – 3 Over – 17 Run- 3 Wicket – 5.70 ECO
6. Mosaddek Hossain – 1 Over – 09 Run- 0 Wicket – 9.00 ECO
Bangladesh Won the First T20 Match by 7 Runs
Congratulations! Bangladesh won the T20 match by 7 runs. Bangladesh played a good match against UAE without veteran players in their T20 career and won. Miraj and Shariful Islam 2 bowled very well, Bangladesh team was able to take wickets very easily with full support. Moreover, Afifa and Nurul Hasan Sohan had a big partnership because Bangladesh was ahead in terms of runs.
It was a great match for Miraz and Shariful Islam, each guy played really well, especially Afif. And T20 captain Nurul Hasan Sohan of Bangladesh has supported Afif a lot for which they have been able to make such a good partnership.
Bangladesh Won the Second T20 Match by 30 Runs
UAE won the toss and decided to field again. On Sunday they came close to beating Bangladesh for victory. But will they be able to divide the series of these 2 matches and keep them equal? Can the UAE team take another step forward tonight? The UAE needs to improve their batting and bowling, which they have been working hard and striving to achieve for the past few years or so. UAE always wants to play with the target, they did the same in the first match too, but if their batting line was a little better, they could have beaten Bangladesh. Today is the second T20 match, but UAE did not perform as well as they did and lost to Bangladesh by 30 runs.
Name of 11 players of Bangladesh: Sabbir Rahman, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Afif Hossain, Litton Das, Nurul Hasan(w/c), Mosaddek Hossain, Yasir Ali, Nasum Ahmed, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Soumya Sarkar, Taskin Ahmed, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Ebadot Hossain, Hasan Mahmud, Rishad Hossain.
Name of 11 players of UAE: Aayan Afzal Khan, Aryan Lakra, Basil Hameed, Chirag Suri, Junaid Siddique, Karthik Meiyappan, Chundangapoyil Rizwan(c), Sabir Ali, Vriitya Aravind(w), Muhammad Waseem, Zawar Farid, Sabir Ali, Ahmed Raza, Zahoor Khan, Sultan Ahmed, Fahad Nawaz, Alishan Sharafu, Sanchit Sharma, Kashif Daud.
Bangladesh Team Batting Scorecard Data of Second T20:
1. Mehidy Hasan Miraz- 46(37) – SR (124.32)
2. Sabbir Rahman- 12(09) – SR (133.33)
3. Liton Das- 25(20)- SR (125.00)
4. Afif Hossain- 18(10) Not Out- SR (180.00)
5. Yasir Ali- 04(07)- SR (57.17)
6. Mosaddek Hossain- 27(22)- SR (37.50)
7. Nurul Hasan (w/c)- 19(10) Not Out- SR (140.00)
8. Yasir Ali – 21(13) Not Out- SR (161.54)
Extra Run: 1 (b 0, lb 0, w 0, nb 1, p 0)
Total Run: 169 (5 Wicket 20 Over)
Did not Bat: Nasum Ahmed, Saifuddin, Taskin Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain.
Mehidy Hasan Miraz is the Player of the Match
In one word, Mehdi Hasan Miraj should be selected as the best bowler for this match. Because even though he could not score runs in the previous match, he has covered the whole thing in terms of wickets. But today Mirage’s match of 46 runs was extraordinary. As a result, the team’s run is 169. But Mirage could have scored fifty if he stayed on the field a little longer. But unfortunately, Sabir Ali left Miraz lbw. Still, I will say one thing the best player in this match is our Mehdi Hasan Miraj. The audience will expect to see something better in the future.
UAE Team Bowler Scorecard Data of Second T20:
1. Aryan Lakra : 3 over- 14 Run- 1 Wicket- 4.70 ECO
2. Sabir Ali: 3 over- 36 Run- 1 Wicket- 12.00 ECO
3. Afzal Khan: 4 over- 33 Run- 2 Wicket- 8.20 ECO
4. Zawar Farid: 2 over- 16 Run- 0 Wicket- 8.00 ECO
5. Meiyappan: 4 over- 29 Run- 1 Wicket- 7.20 ECO
6. Zahoor Khan: 4 over- 41 Run- 0 Wicket- 10.20 ECO
UAE Team Batting Scorecard Data of Second T20:
1. Muhammad Wassem- 18(16) – SR (112.50)
2. Chirag Suri – 05(10) – SR (162.50)
3. Aryan Lakra – 09(04) – SR (44.44)
4. Vriitya Aravind (wk) – 02(05) – SR (40.00)
5. Chundangapoyil Rizwan (c) – 51(36)- SR (141.67) – Not Out
6. Basil Hameed – 42(40)- SR (105.00)
7. Zawar Farid – 08(05) – SR (160.00) – Not Out
Extra Run: 7 (b 0, lb 0, w 6, nb 1, p 0)
Total Run: 137 (5 Wicket, 20 Over)
Did not Bat: Aayan Afzal Khan, Karthik Meiyappan. Sabir Ali, Zahoon Khan.
Unfortunately, we did not go forward. We scored a lot of runs in our powerplay and we doted a lot of balls, that was the difference. The players of the Bangladesh team bowled in the right line and they showed their quality properly, that is their credit.
I may have scored a fifty too early in this match but if the rest of my team had not eaten the ball dot and slowly got the runs out, we might have won the match today. It’s really been a learning curve for us. If we play more matches like this, we will improve a lot. I want to take this experience to the World Cup, this is our big wish. We might have to tour Australia in a few days and we have a couple of practice games with them. Maybe we will all have real experience. Using this experience, we will play the World Cup one day.
Finally, Bangladesh won the second T20 match by 32 runs. It is a big hope for the Bangladesh team that they can lose the 2nd match to UAE. It was a really challenging match.
Leave a Reply